Rockbox General > Rockbox General Discussion

Haxx will stop hosting most Rockbox services after 2020

(1/3) > >>

Prisoner416:
Shouldn't there be a topic in announcements about this? I hate to panic, but I'd really hate to lose ANYTHING from the site. It's been an invaluable resource for over ten years.

__builtin:
We have plans to smoothly transition all services to new hosting. All services are either being migrated or archived and replaced with modern alternatives.

username_already_taken:
Will the PayPal donation link change as well? Is it still correct as of right now?

__builtin:
To quote gevaerts:

[[15:09] <gevaerts> Björn is still there, and there's no bad feelings or anything like that, so yes, (the link is) still fine. Whether money would help with migrating or hosting is a question for those who are actually working on it, I don't know.]

speachy:
Just to allay anyone's fears, the migration to new hosting has been underway for the past month or so, and should be completed within another month or two.

Several pieces have already been successfully moved (themesite, translation site, and forums), and the next big chunk (www, downloads, builds, buildmaster) is already staged -- just haven't figured the exact downtime window.

Further announcements will follow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version