Rockbox Development > New Ports

Fiio M3k

<< < (76/79) > >>

amachronic:

--- Quote from: sourex on January 15, 2022, 05:16:05 PM ---Hey,
i need some help pls @vitt13

I played the m3k file from you on a fat32 formatted SD card and then flashed it.
When the player starts it says: Error loading Rockbox. File not found. I then end up in the recovery menu.

The following error messages appear in the recovery menu: Install Bootloader Error: -1102
 But the worst thing is that I can no longer get into the flash menu. Can you help me please ??

--- End quote ---

vitt13 is right. You need to extract the rockbox zip onto your SD card. The patched M3K.fw installs the bootloader, so there is no need to install it again from the recovery menu (although doing so doesn't hurt). Sorry for not explaining things more clearly.

The error message just means "bootloader.m3k" could not be found on the SD card so the installation did not continue. It's nothing to worry about.

You can get back into the recovery menu by holding Volume Up when booting.

sourex:
sorry for the beginner's mistake, but I hadn't read that anywhere.
I thought so, but wanted to be sure.
@amachronic
Don't apologize because I missed something somewhere. Great job guys!

thx for help !

saratoga:

--- Quote from: aa666 on January 09, 2022, 12:46:48 PM ---no mistakes
waveform looks cleaner in power save mode, and i have no idea why
but power consumption is less!
as for 1.16Vrms -
in datasheet: -1.5 dBFS, RL = 16Ω, HPG = +2 dB, THD+N < -20 dB | - 60 - mW
60mW at 16Ohm - that is 0.98Vrms, and i had no load
(those waveform were taken at volume level +2.5dB, at +3.0dB there are visible distortions already)

--- End quote ---

If the high power mode is distorting at positive dB and giving nearly the same peak output voltage then possibly the voltage rails are not high enough to use the setting. Does it work in the stock firmware?

Regarding the note in the manual, the high power mode is for low sensitivity headphones, not necessarily high impedance. Usually they correlate but not always, e.g. lots of 300 ohm headphones that are very loud at <1 Vrms. But if the measurements here are accurate, the RMS out is nearly the same and the mode probably doesn't actually help sensitivity either. I think either see if it can be fixed or else disable it.

amachronic:

--- Quote from: saratoga on January 28, 2022, 12:34:34 PM ---If the high power mode is distorting at positive dB and giving nearly the same peak output voltage then possibly the voltage rails are not high enough to use the setting. Does it work in the stock firmware?

--- End quote ---
The high & low power modes are supposed to supply the same output voltage & power. So the peak output voltage would presumably be the same. High mode is just supposed to have better noise performance, and supports >192 KHz sample rates.

It would be interesting to see if the stock firmware behaves any differently, though I don't recall when it decides to use high mode. It's not hooked up to any GUI setting.

--- Quote ---Regarding the note in the manual, the high power mode is for low sensitivity headphones, not necessarily high impedance. Usually they correlate but not always, e.g. lots of 300 ohm headphones that are very loud at <1 Vrms. But if the measurements here are accurate, the RMS out is nearly the same and the mode probably doesn't actually help sensitivity either. I think either see if it can be fixed or else disable it.

--- End quote ---
The 1V/2V RMS part is for the Q1, not the M3K. You're right that sensitivity and impedance are both important, which the manual should probably mention.

projeKct:
Hi,

Simple question here: I have Rockbox 75524a7eec-211002 installed on my M3K. How can I access the context menu from the WPS?

I thought it was by long-pressing the middle/select button, but it does nothing. ???

Thanks in advance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version