Rockbox Development > New Ports

Fiio M3k

<< < (69/73) > >>

vitt13:
What happened with menu voicing? It sounds very glitchy like stereotypical robot. But it plays phrase 'invalid voice' clearly (right after player starts) if I use old (incompatible) voice file.

amachronic:

--- Quote from: vitt13 on October 19, 2021, 03:33:21 PM ---What happened with menu voicing? It sounds very glitchy like stereotypical robot. But it plays phrase 'invalid voice' clearly (right after player starts) if I use old (incompatible) voice file.

--- End quote ---
I tested a build & voice file (en-us) from 2021-10-15 and one from 2021-10-21, both of them sound the same, low quality and robotic. So it should be unrelated to my recent changes. The RB servers were migrated to a VPS instance recently, so perhaps whatever voice was being used before is missing from the VPS? I don't use voice so I have no clue what it originally sounded like.

diegopau:
I finally decided to migrate from the Vortex build to the new native builds.

Took me initially a few minutes to get used to the new button mapping, which is quite different, but I am not happier than with the previous button configuration. Other than that works great, no bugs, really happy with it. Thank you @amachronic and all other contributors for your work on this. Without RockBox it would be much harder for me to sleep at nights, i use it all the time for audiobook and podcasts at night.

Suggestion: I noticed than the touch buttons up and down (top and bottom of the touch bar) are not assigned to anything in the WPS, what do you think of assigning them to volume + and volume -? i know it is redundant, but using touch buttons prevents wearing the physical buttons too much, the volume buttons are the first thing that stopped failing in my Sansa Clip Zip. Or if there is a way for me to select a function for those 2 buttons while in WPS tweaking some config files please let me know :)

Thanks again.

chris_s:
Really amazing job, amachronic! As for the discussion about keymaps (@cereal_killer and @diegopau), here's what works well for me. My main expectations/requirements were (iirc):

* Be able to stop playback by long pressing the power button from anywhere
* Get back to WPS by pressing Play/Pause
* Be able to scroll menus to the left/right to quickly see longer text strings that get cut off (not supported by the current keymap)
* See current playlist from WPS with single button press
* And be able to change volume by touch
* Return to browser from WPS with single button press
* Consistent activation of context menu in WPS/tree context

I left the Repeat-AB-Start/End button mapping and pretty much everything else unchanged at the moment. If anyone's interested in seeing the keymap, I can put it up on Gerrit. It only requires pretty minor adjustments compared to the current one though..

7o9:
Please put it on Gerrit, chris_s, I would like to try that. It looks good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version