Rockbox Development > New Ports

Fiio M3k

<< < (63/66) > >>

amachronic:

--- Quote from: mario69 on July 20, 2021, 03:34:07 AM ---while if i transfer files by connecting the fiio player via usb, compare the error message: insert a disk in the 'usb drive

--- End quote ---
It sounds like the problem is definitely due to USB handling in Rockbox. Just to confirm, does USB file transfer work correctly under the original FiiO firmware?

The error message you're getting is a bit suspicious. I can't say for certain but you may be hitting a known issue where the USB connection is detected but doesn't finish setting up properly. I don't know the cause of this problem so I can't say if/when it will be fixed... sorry.

As a workaround, you can always boot into the original firmware to use USB, or just use an external card reader.

astrolabe:
I've been working on porting jztool to JavaScript using WebUSB, so that the bootloader can be installed from a web browser. As a bonus, this should allow installation from Windows without having to deal with drivers, as well as from ChromeOS and Android devices.

I still need to polish up the port (JavaScript is not my main language), but it seems to work reliably for me. It shouldn't be hard to add support for other players as jztool does.

Hopefully this proves helpful!

amachronic:

--- Quote from: astrolabe on July 25, 2021, 11:45:41 AM ---I've been working on porting jztool to JavaScript using WebUSB, so that the bootloader can be installed from a web browser. As a bonus, this should allow installation from Windows without having to deal with drivers, as well as from ChromeOS and Android devices.

I still need to polish up the port (JavaScript is not my main language), but it seems to work reliably for me. It shouldn't be hard to add support for other players as jztool does.

Hopefully this proves helpful!

--- End quote ---
Nice work! It's definitely a welcome addition and it sounds interesting, support for more platforms is always nice. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Although it appears WebUSB is effectively limited to Chrome & its derivatives.

astrolabe:
jztool.js 0.1

Enough polishing, here's an initial version to play around with, with support with the M3K (tested) and the Q1 (untested). Extract the attached archive (.bin extension added to allow uploading here) to a local webserver along with bootloader.m3k and/or bootloader.q1, then it should Just Work.

Please use at your own risk!

Note for Linux users: You'll almost certainly have to add a udev rule so your user can access the USB device. For instance:

--- Code: ---SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="a108", ATTR{idProduct}=="1000", MODE="0664", GROUP="plugdev"
--- End code ---
Then make sure your user is in the plugdev group.

tjhoward180:
Was installing an older version of Rockbox for my M3k (the one that matched with 1.3.0), and for some reason, I can't get Windows to recognize the SD card anymore.

I've tried:
- Booting it into Rockbox, and using the Volume Down + plugging in the USB
- Booting into the OF, and turning the USB mode into Storage

Any ideas? A little freaked out that I may have bricked my M3K from being able to read the SD card altogether.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version