Rockbox Development > New Ports

Fiio M3k

<< < (54/84) > >>

mario69:
when there will be the stable version must you follow the procedure described in the Official FiiO M3K Native installation instructions page? or will it be like the one you do for the sansa clip player? that is much simpler, thanks

Julian67:

--- Quote from: amachronic on June 14, 2021, 06:16:57 PM ---Dual booting the original FiiO firmware with Rockbox is now supported. Download links for the updated bootloader are at the installation thread as usual.

I'm sure everyone who likes the USB DAC feature will appreciate this.

--- End quote ---

Works perfectly, thank you very much.

amachronic:

--- Quote from: mario69 on June 15, 2021, 08:55:11 AM ---when there will be the stable version must you follow the procedure described in the Official FiiO M3K Native installation instructions page? or will it be like the one you do for the sansa clip player? that is much simpler, thanks

--- End quote ---
Once the M3K is officially stable, you will be able to install it through the Rockbox utility. In fact, I think the need for manual bootloader installation is pretty much the only reason the M3K port is classified as "unstable."

Unfortunately, the installation method for the M3K is substantially different from other Rockbox players and will require a fair amount of effort to implement, so if you're waiting for an easy install with the Rockbox utility, you may be in for a bit of a long wait.

bahus:
I guess providing latest "M3K.fw" firmware with rockbox bootloader incorporated would also count as "simpler way" to install rockbox.

saratoga:

--- Quote from: amachronic on June 14, 2021, 06:16:57 PM ---Dual booting the original FiiO firmware with Rockbox is now supported. Download links for the updated bootloader are at the installation thread as usual.

I'm sure everyone who likes the USB DAC feature will appreciate this.

--- End quote ---

FWIW, we usually strongly discourage putting installation instructions in the forums since it is a lot easier for people to find the M3K wiki which is linked from the front page of Rockbox.org.  Once things are worked out, someone should put the instructions in the wiki (and eventually the manual).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version