Rockbox Development > Feature Ideas

Port of Wolfenstein 3-D

<< < (2/4) > >>

bobba_mosfet:
When trying to compile this and give some feedback I'm getting:

--- Code: ---make: *** No rule to make target '/rockbox/build/apps/plugins/wolf3d.o', needed by '/rockbox/build/apps/plugins/wolf3d.rock'.  Stop.
--- End code ---

Pulled via:
git clone git://git.rockbox.org/rockbox
git fetch http://gerrit.rockbox.org/rockbox refs/changes/53/1653/15 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD

Am I failing to include the actual source for wolf3d somehow?

__builtin:
That's actually my fault. I forgot to include the overlay loader stub (that's all wolf3d.c is, really). Should be fixed in the latest patch set.

And, csussman: I don't have the Android toolchain installed so I'm currently unable to build for DX50. The build farm should handle it once I merge it, though.

bobba_mosfet:

--- Quote from: __builtin on July 01, 2019, 09:16:41 PM ---That's actually my fault. I forgot to include the overlay loader stub (that's all wolf3d.c is, really). Should be fixed in the latest patch set.

And, csussman: I don't have the Android toolchain installed so I'm currently unable to build for DX50. The build farm should handle it once I merge it, though.

--- End quote ---

Compiled and running on an ipod6g - although I can't work out how to open the first door - the OK/SELECT button doesn't seem to do anything - despite working in the games menus.

Sound is working nicely.

Its pretty late so thats good enough for now.

__builtin:

--- Quote from: bobba_mosfet on July 01, 2019, 09:55:20 PM ---Compiled and running on an ipod6g - although I can't work out how to open the first door - the OK/SELECT button doesn't seem to do anything - despite working in the games menus.

--- End quote ---

That's odd. Are you approaching the door before pressing SELECT?

EDIT: Looks like the problem is with the default configuration. Go to "Controls" and set "Open=Up" and "Fire=Select".

bobba_mosfet:

--- Quote from: __builtin on July 01, 2019, 10:22:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: bobba_mosfet on July 01, 2019, 09:55:20 PM ---Compiled and running on an ipod6g - although I can't work out how to open the first door - the OK/SELECT button doesn't seem to do anything - despite working in the games menus.

--- End quote ---
EDIT: Looks like the problem is with the default configuration. Go to "Controls" and set "Open=Up" and "Fire=Select".

--- End quote ---

Played some wolf3d on my commute home, was able to nearly finish the first level after multiple attempts.

I'd say that it is very stable - and as for licensing my $0.02 is merge it.

Makes me wonder if a Quake1 sdl port would be possible with the hardware restrictions of the ipod6g - it would be extremely cumbersome to play - but a cool feat to port.

Only thing I would say - is if you are able to make some platform specific config decisions then it would go a long way to improving the ports usability - sound only works if you enable it yourself in the settings and the same goes for usable controls to be able to play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version