Installation / Removal > Other - Installation/Removal

AGPTEK Rocker Manual Install

(1/4) > >>

wdeprez11:
Hi, so I just received my AGPTEK Rocker from amazon and I've been recommended to use install Rockbox as it allows for a much better experience.

I've downloaded the dev build (from http://build.rockbox.org/) and noticed there wasn't a manual for the AGPTEK Rocker. What's the proper method for installation here? Apologies for the stupid question, I'm sure its asked frequently...

gomezz:
I just copy the whole .rockbox directory to the root directory of the SD card then reboot.  Seems to work for me.  Though you lose any custom settings which you need to change again every time you do this.

wdeprez11:

--- Quote from: gomezz on March 16, 2019, 05:37:51 AM ---I just copy the whole .rockbox directory to the root directory of the SD card then reboot.  Seems to work for me.  Though you lose any custom settings which you need to change again every time you do this.

--- End quote ---

Does turning the power off and back on constitute rebooting? Do I need to access the bootloader?

gomezz:
Yes, just power it off and on.  The built-in bootloader will then offer you the choice of using the native UI or Rockbox.

johnb:
Looks like you haven't installed the bootloader yet, have you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version