Support and General Use > Audio Playback, Database and Playlists

Automatically resume playback when new track or playlist is selected

<< < (3/3)

Frankenpod:
Hey, I notice that this change was incorporated into the current version, and then reverted again.
Am curious why it was decided to go back to the original way.

chris_s:
I had inadvertently described the change as applying to playlists only, which would have meant inconsistent behavior depending on the current context. I was a bit late in clearing that up but have resubmitted it as a new patch. It's possible that speachy or someone else with commit access will take another look at it.

sarangpaul9:
I think it’s worth considering how other apps that users may be familiar with are doing it, both for consistency’s sake and since others may have already done the work of figuring out useful behavior. While I do think there is room for divergence if you have a good reason for it, I’m not aware of any other app that behaves the way Rockbox does.  teatv apk  e sadhana

chris_s:

--- Quote from: sarangpaul9 on July 12, 2021, 06:16:32 AM ---I think it’s worth considering how other apps that users may be familiar with are doing it, both for consistency’s sake and since others may have already done the work of figuring out useful behavior. While I do think there is room for divergence if you have a good reason for it, I’m not aware of any other app that behaves the way Rockbox does.

--- End quote ---
The patch has since been re-applied. So it should work as you would expect from other apps if you’re using the latest development version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version