Third Party > Repairing and Upgrading Rockbox Capable Players

IPOD (ALL MODELS) iFlash Adapter Issues

<< < (2/3) > >>

speachy:
I just committed a potential fix for at least some of the iFlash issues.  Initial reports on an ipodcolor are encouraging.

So if you have an iFlash or some other sort of ATA->CF/SD/etc adapter with your rockbox'd player (not just iPods!), please grab the most recent build from https://build.rockbox.org/ and let us know how things go.

MikeyDee:
I have a similar issue with my 1Tb iPod 6 classic, iFlash adapter .

I install firmware  no issues, I install Rockbox no issues,
Load up my Ipod ( over 600Gb ).

some time ( weeks ) later i want o add more songs, so plugged in my iPod, and Boom,
Screen flashes, and said " No Partitions Found.

I can fix by using a partition amnager ( AOMEI ) remove all partitions, create new partition ( fat32 ) .
Reinstall rockbox, reload my tunes.

This has now happened 3 times,

am now testing latest build , as per advise here.
Will report back.

Vegbenz:
I've been having some issues, tried to follow the steps listed above, formated my iFlash dual drive,  then restored the ipod in itunes, installed the bootloader then tried to format the first partition to Fat32 as noted.  I now have a single FAT32 partition, but just get a message on the ipod to connect ot Itunes and restore, and I cant get Rockbox to load.  Have I lost it? 

this is a 5.5g Ipod with 256gb SDXC card installed.

speachy:

--- Quote from: Vegbenz on September 12, 2020, 06:03:31 PM ---I've been having some issues, tried to follow the steps listed above, formated my iFlash dual drive,  then restored the ipod in itunes, installed the bootloader then tried to format the first partition to Fat32 as noted.  I now have a single FAT32 partition, but just get a message on the ipod to connect ot Itunes and restore, and I cant get Rockbox to load.  Have I lost it? 

--- End quote ---

"restoring the ipod in itunes" reformats the drive as FAT32 already.  You then install the bootloader and the rockbox binaries (via rbutil) and you're ready to go.  When you reformatted the first partition, you actually blew away the ipod firmware -- the data is actually on teh second partition.

lisu:

--- Quote from: MikeyDee on August 14, 2020, 01:57:24 PM ---I have a similar issue with my 1Tb iPod 6 classic, iFlash adapter .

I install firmware  no issues, I install Rockbox no issues,
Load up my Ipod ( over 600Gb ).

some time ( weeks ) later i want o add more songs, so plugged in my iPod, and Boom,
Screen flashes, and said " No Partitions Found.

I can fix by using a partition amnager ( AOMEI ) remove all partitions, create new partition ( fat32 ) .
Reinstall rockbox, reload my tunes.

This has now happened 3 times,

am now testing latest build , as per advise here.
Will report back.

--- End quote ---

I have similar problem. I have  also managed to reproduce it.
The 'no partition' bug strikes exactly when you plug turned off ipod with hold switch to on into computer.
I also have ipod 6gen with quad iflash adapter.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Beside that rockbox works like a charm. But I\m bit scared to use my ipod since one day i can forget myself and lose music collection (or hours on restoring it) just by plugin ipod to my laptop

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version