Support and General Use > Audio Playback, Database and Playlists

No Album Art

(1/2) > >>

Umar147:
Running rockbox on my iPod 7G, it doesn't matter which theme i apply, the cover art never shows. The files have ID3v2.3, they are correctly tagged with jpg covers (minimum 1200x1200 so not sure if it's something to do with that). There is even a file called cover.jpg in the album folders so why won't the album covers show?

wodz:
My bet is huge albumart size or fancy progressive jpg which we do not support.

Frankenpod:

--- Quote from: Umar147 on June 08, 2018, 05:20:33 AM ---Running rockbox on my iPod 7G, it doesn't matter which theme i apply, the cover art never shows. The files have ID3v2.3, they are correctly tagged with jpg covers (minimum 1200x1200 so not sure if it's something to do with that). There is even a file called cover.jpg in the album folders so why won't the album covers show?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, as wodz says, could well be the album art being too huge.  You say _minimum_ 1200x1200?  That seems massive to me.  Personally I go with 240x240 at most, as that is pretty much the largest that's ever going to be displayed, after all.  There are lots of free utilities that can batch convert or resize embedded art, I think I had to use one to get rid of all the PNG format art that iTunes had put in there. It might also be that they are progressive jpgs, but that size sounds a likely problem.    Reducing it would also save you a measurable bit of disk space, if its embedded in every track.

Tarik:
Hi, I'm late to the party but facing the same issue.
My MP3s all have 500x500 JPG arts embedded and they won't show up in Rockbox.
Do you mind recommend me a tool to batch "fix" them?
Or is there a setting in MusicBrainz Picard to do it right because that's the tool I'm sending every single album through that lands in my library finally.

Frankenpod:
500x500 doesn't sound so bad, surprised those don't show up - could it be that they use progressive jpg though?

It's been so long I can't remember what tools I used.  I think I used mp3tag with a script, to bulk-extract all the embedded art and turn it into cover.jpg/cover.png files within the folders.  Then some other utility to bulk convert all .pngs to jpgs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version