Installation / Removal > Apple - Installation/Removal

"Crowdfunding", anybody?

(1/6) > >>

GreyBeast:
Maybe this has come up before, but it's worth asking.

Seeing that Rockbox and iPod Classics with HD's swapped for iFlash adapters don't work well together, and ESPECIALLY witnessing the seemingly large number of people affected, couldn't we set up a sort of crowdfunding where all those interested sign up, one (or several) of the Classic-savvy developers says how much time it would take him to modify the ATA drivers, and we iPod Classic owners join together to pay you guys to do it?

Good idea or stupid?

cereal_killer:
Support for the iFlash adapters would be great and I would also donate for the hardware (there is actually a Rockbox fund). I think that datasheets for those adapters are needed too. You could contact Tarkan for that. By the way, a time frame is impossible to give. As far as I know, there are only a few developers for the Classics. Maybe they can be convinced.

GreyBeast:
I just sent an e-mail to Tarkan, with a link to this thread.

C'mon, folks, let's get this done!

I could be wrong, but it seems like such a small issue to take care of (at least we know WHAT causes it). One small step to make an awesome piece of kit (the iPod Classic) work with another awesome piece of hardware (Tarkan's iFlash adapters). It doesn't seem like such a big thing, no?

cereal_killer:

--- Quote from: GreyBeast on February 13, 2018, 12:13:16 PM ---It doesn't seem like such a big thing, no?
--- End quote ---

Well, we can't imagine how many man-hours it takes... But indeed, Rockbox on an iPod with a working iFlash adapter would be great.

GreyBeast:
It would friggin' put the ROCK! in Rockbox (at least for iPod Classic owners).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version