Third Party > Repairing and Upgrading Rockbox Capable Players

Sansa e260 (bricked)

<< < (3/5) > >>

gevaerts:
Oh, right... I forgot all about the sansa.fmt file. Sorry about that

canuckken:
NP at all, besides your great instructions you also provided the link that had the instructions that mentioned the sansa.fmt file.
I should have made a video but I already uninstalled Ubuntu so that won't likely happen now, plus I suspect the Sansa e200 series players are disappearing seeing how I have had mine since 2006 which my daughter is now using. They are still a decent mp3 player though and I recently purchased a high capacity battery for it. It will probably last another 10+ years.

ljones:
Got an old sansa e200 here device though unfortunatly I think it is well and truly dead.It's been in the bottom of a drawer for a few years now(!) though I do have another e200 device so I could charge its battery up again (the device has been bricked for all that time as well). So I tried pulling up some information from this website and forum but haven't got anywhere. Unfortunatly my device is pretty much (I think) totally bricked!

So in one last attempt I've been trying to debrick my decice on my linux/debian box.

When powered on only the blue ring light comes on. Trying to get into recovery mode does nothing (switch set to lock, hold down record).

BTW I have been following these instructions - https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaE200Unbrick#Manufacturing_Mode

I can get into recovery mode and this is what dmesg reports:


--- Code: ---[13326.284110] usb 3-3: new full-speed USB device number 5 using ohci-pci
[13326.471227] usb 3-3: New USB device found, idVendor=0781, idProduct=0720
[13326.471234] usb 3-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[13326.471237] usb 3-3: Product: Tango Digital Media Platform
[13326.471240] usb 3-3: Manufacturer: SanDisk

--- End code ---

I then tried to follow the instructions and ran


--- Code: ---./e200tool recover  BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom
--- End code ---

That produced


--- Code: ---./e200tool recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom
e200tool v0.2.3-alpha (c) by MrH 2006, 2007
Searching for device 0781:0720 ... found!
Initializing USB stub (4780 bytes) ... done!
Writing 'BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom' to address 0x10600000
Searching for device 6666:e200 ... 9 found!
Write at 0x1065fc38
Write done!
Running from address 0x10600000
Searching for device 6666:e200 ... found!
Execution started!

--- End code ---

While writing I held down the record button. However once it has finished working and this is where it fails instead of a recovery partition appearing or anything on the screen appearing the blue ring light goes off for a moment, but then comes on and then nothing.

dmesg then just says:


--- Code: ---[13397.940174] usb 1-3: new high-speed USB device number 52 using ehci-pci
[13398.089134] usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=6666, idProduct=e200
[13398.089142] usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0

--- End code ---

I think this poor old sansa is well and truly dead!

ljones

saratoga:
Double check that the memory daughter board hasn't come loose.   On the old sansas they could separate in which case the device would appear bricked because the memory was disconnected. If it is out of the socket, just pushing it back in will fix the player.

ljones:
Yep *nods did that before I tried all the e200tool stuff. I'll check again but it seems to be pretty much on there.

Update :Tried but no joy, but here are some results. Just out of intrest (I have two sansas here, one good one bricked) I tried the memory board from the good sansa in the bricked and ..... same result. But the memory board from the bricked sansa in the good sansa seemed to work - it loaded the deault sansa firmware. So I guess the problem is not in that board but somewhere else.

ljones

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version