Rockbox Development > Feature Ideas

more advanced sleep timer

<< < (3/5) > >>

Bilgus:
not that I have figured out as of yet -- Not saying there isn't just saying out of 5 or 6 ways I thought might work the cfg file worked the others not so much.

tdb:
OK - np
I am going to change it to a fixed volume level then that is always comfortable to start with.

Bilgus:
I've added the requisite functions to rb plugins with a commit on gerrit it will allow me to pull in the current volume level and the sleep timer seconds I'll post an updated script if and when it gets committed

tdb:
Nice - that will improve an already very helpful script  :)

I have been using the script almost daily for more than a month now and it is working brilliantly. After falling asleep I didn't wake up during duration of the sleeptimer once. So it is doing in practice exactly what I was hoping for.

Would this be possible to script after the update: being able to reset the fade out- and sleep-timer while the script is running with a keypress (or two to prevent a key being accidentally pressed)? Especially useful when you notice you have problems getting to sleep and the previously set sleeptimer/fade out duration is not long enough. 

tdb:

--- Quote from: Bilgus on February 16, 2017, 05:45:33 PM ---I've added the requisite functions to rb plugins with a commit on gerrit it will allow me to pull in the current volume level and the sleep timer seconds I'll post an updated script if and when it gets committed

--- End quote ---

Sorry for grave digging this thread.   
Noticed there are indeed some commits on gerrit, but they don't seem to be implemented yet. Still a chance we will see the feature in the dev builds?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version