Installation / Removal > Sandisk - Installation/Removal

Can't install bootloader on clip zip

(1/3) > >>

Jean:
Hi,
This is the 5th sansa clipzip i'm rockboxing but i'm running into troubles now. My old clpza.bin is not accepted anymore, so i tried the instructions in the pdf, downloaded clipzip01.01.18.zip and bootloader-clipzip.sansa and ran mkamsboot.exe.

It reports succes,but when i start  the rockbox utility and browse to that bin it tells me
[ERR] Original firmware unknown, please try another version. Tested Clipzipv1 versions are 1.01.1, 1.01.15, 1.01.17, 1.01.18 1.01.20, 1.01.21

I'm not sure what to do now, I never had to mess with mkamsboot.exe before if i remember correctly. I remember just putting some .bin in the root of the sansa together with the .rockbox map.

Please help, i have a new player and i want rockbox on it! :)

[edit] I succeeded, the trick was to *not* use mkamsboot and provide the rockbox utility with the downloaded clpza.bin

saratoga:
Use rockbox utility.

Jean:
Well it tells me to look at the docs how to obtain the bootloader and the docs tell me to use mkamsboot.

saratoga:

--- Quote from: Jean on March 22, 2016, 11:59:18 AM ---Well it tells me to look at the docs how to obtain the bootloader and the docs tell me to use mkamsboot.

--- End quote ---

The manual actually tells you that using mkamsboot is not recommended.  But if you insist on doing things the hard way, you will need to either compile your own version from our source code or simply use an older version of the original firmware which the binary you have supports.

Jean:
Sorry but the utility tells me to look at the pdf and the pdf tells me to use mkamsboot.

--- Quote from: saratoga on March 22, 2016, 12:02:22 PM ---The manual actually tells you that using mkamsboot is not recommended.  But if you insist on doing things the hard way, you will need to either compile your own version from our source code or simply use an older version of the original firmware which the binary you have supports.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version