Rockbox General > Rockbox General Discussion

work on best low cost mp3 player for rockbox

(1/47) > >>

hunterleo:
Hi guys,

We are a new company on portable audio device. We came out an inexpensive (under $30) mp3 player which plays 70 hours lossless music per charge and is good for long time travel. (Check more details about Agptek A02 on Amazon.co.uk and amazon.de) However, its SoC is mips4k core + DSP with limited memory which means it couldn't support Rockbox.

I also realized that ATJ2127 has many limits to make it a better player. I need some suggestions for choosing hardware or solution for rockbox.

Thanks a lot,

Leo

pamaury:
Hi,
if I am correct, the ATJ2127 is the same soc as in the clip sport and does not features enough memory for Rockbox to run. In its current state, Rockbox requires at the very least 1MB of memory to run, with many features disabled. Ideally, you want 2MB or 4MB of memory.

hunterleo:

--- Quote from: pamaury on October 27, 2015, 10:20:17 AM ---Hi,
if I am correct, the ATJ2127 is the same soc as in the clip sport and does not features enough memory for Rockbox to run. In its current state, Rockbox requires at the very least 1MB of memory to run, with many features disabled. Ideally, you want 2MB or 4MB of memory.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the reply. I wonder if I could work on a new model which to fit a current rockbox firmware. Which one is best to adapt?

pamaury:
I am unsure if I undertsood your question properly: you meant which soc is supported by rockbox and is best to build a player with it ?

ZincAlloy:
Yeah, sounds like he's not happy with the hardware they are currently using and wants their future players to be potential Rockbox targets - or even ship them with Rockbox? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version