Installation / Removal > Sandisk - Installation/Removal

How do I completely remove rockbox from my Sansa Clip?

<< < (3/4) > >>

gevaerts:

--- Quote from: soulweeper on March 15, 2015, 01:13:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: gevaerts on March 15, 2015, 08:29:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: soulweeper on March 15, 2015, 03:32:41 AM --- I got a copy of the new firmware, put it in the root directory, turned the player off, and back on, that's it. So it's no different if you have Rockbox, and go back to stock??

--- End quote ---

That's correct.

There have been some reports that you have to boot into the original firmware when you copy the firmware (i.e. not in rockbox' USB mode), but I don't know if that's actually true. You do have to hold "left" to boot into the original firmware when rebooting after copying though, it's the original firmware that does the flashing.

--- End quote ---

To make absolutely sure I'm following you correctly, the way to do it is add the unmodified copy of the firmware while using it with Rockbox, then shut it off, and hold "left" to boot it into the original firmware, which at that point it would update with the unmodified copy....correct?

So you're saying that there are reports that you sometimes have to boot into the original firmware before you do the copying??

--- End quote ---

Yes

soulweeper:
So, is removing the .rockbox folder kind of unnecessary too? If not, when should that be removed?

gevaerts:
Whenever you like. The original firmware doesn't look at that

daldude:
I don't know if it's different on the Fuse v2 but I was able to recover the original Sandisk Firmware and remove the piece of Crap Rockbox by simply copying the bin file for the Fuse to the root directory of the player I removed the Memory card to eliminate any confusion of which drive and directory was the players internal storage.
I no longer have to hold left on the wheel while powering on the Fuse, good riddance Rockbox!

saratoga:

--- Quote from: daldude on December 02, 2015, 09:12:03 PM ---I don't know if it's different on the Fuse v2 but I was able to recover the original Sandisk Firmware and remove the piece of Crap Rockbox by simply copying the bin file for the Fuse to the root directory of the player I removed the Memory card to eliminate any confusion of which drive and directory was the players internal storage.

--- End quote ---

You've posted this about the e200, Clip and Fuze over the last five years.  Why do you keep installing rockbox if you don't want it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version