Third Party > Other Utilities

Amarok not detecting Rockbox

(1/1)

TheAwesomestNerd:
Hello. I'm having an issue getting amarok to recognize my ipod. It'll connect, but it shows I have no songs on my iPod. When I eject my ipod, however, all my music is on there. I own a 6th gen iPod classic 160gb, and I'm on manjaro linux dualbooting windows.

[Saint]:
If Amarok is capable of addressing a generic storage volume (I have no idea if it can but it should), then a fix is described by me here in another thread with a similar goal.

Long story short, Amarok is using the USB V/PID to determine that this device is an iPod and making assumptions that are no longer valid.
For all intents and purposes, it is no longer an iPod anymore, the original firmware and files are gone completely, so applications and operating systems (Amarok, Mac computers, most car audio head units, etc.) that try to treat it like an iPod will fail.

[Saint]

Edit before anyone asks:
No - I will not supply a modified binary under any circumstances, it is morally questionable and would be seen to encourage the use of an unsupported binary. Apologies in advance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version