Rockbox Development > New Ports

Creative ZEN X-Fi

(1/13) > >>

pamaury:
I am starting a dedicated thread for the ZEN X-Fi even though it is very close to the Creative ZEN.
The port is now in beta test! You can find the instruction here: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CreativeZENXFiPort. Don't forget that this is a preliminary version to it might be unstable and so on. I put a prebuilt version of the bootloader on my dropbox (see wiki link) and you can find the nightly build here: http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-creativezenxfi.zip.
A few important notes:
1) you'll have to reformat the storage to FAT thus you cannot dual-boot and you will loose all your file on the device
2) charging is not implemented, use the recovery mode to charge

cela:
Just tried this port out again following the LCD rework.

It's much better now, no annoying white screen, my workaround was to keep the screen setting permanently on, but now I can set the back light to time out again, for the record I have 8GB non wifi version.

chrisjj:
ISSUE 1:  Boot can hang with black screen, either immediately after the CREATIVE logo or the bootloader text. Tested with bootloader V1Beta2.

ToJa92:
Hi!

I just got Rockbox working on my X-Fi, thanks to your hard work. It looks awesome!

At first I tried to build everything myself, and after flashing the firmware.nk file I could get the basic text prompt (I.E. a black background with white text, saying that it was charging). However, when I tried to actually boot Rockbox it would first show the Creative logo twice and then go to a black screen.

Perhaps the build in the git repository is broken at the moment? Your prebuilt firmware is about two months old according to Dropbox. Unfortunately I don't know enough about developing for embedded systems to help you out (or even figure out if there's something wrong at the moment - I have no clue where to start).

pamaury:
Hi,
the current ZEN X-Fi bootloader has a know problem (aka Black Screen of Death), I might have a found a fix, currently beta testing on the ZEN and will port to the X-Fi if it works. If this happen, just reset and you should eventually be able to boot rockbox. In doubt just a wait a few days so I can upload a new one hopefully.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version