Support and General Use > Theming and Appearance Customization

[Various targets] lebellium Samsung-like Theme

<< < (2/2)

lebellium:

--- Quote from: cholero on November 11, 2021, 12:32:05 AM ---Excellent theme! I know that you have put a lot of work into this. There are so many details that you have implemented (like for example the turntable background that changes with codec type, wow). You deserve much more credits for this!
I stumbled over this after purchasing a e280 (doing such a thing in 2021 reveals that i am a rockbox addict)

--- End quote ---
Thank you!
Well, the original turntable background is from the Samsung YP-R0, I re-used it without Samsung's permission  :-X
From what I recall I originally wanted to get it changed randomly at each new track but I couldn't get it work as intended with the theme engine (no 'random' tag) so I finally decided to make it rely on the codec type.

If you are interested, I also made a "Dark Edition" upon request of a Anythingbutipod.com forum member many years ago. I never uploaded to the theme website but I can share it of course. It looks like that:




--- Quote from: ninjadrm on December 03, 2021, 06:02:52 PM ---Yes, thanks for this great theme. I like it a lot with my SansaClip+.

I wonder if you are still available for updates? I recently added RDS support to the Clip+. I modified your FMS to display %ty and %tz (using your SansaClip FMS as a base), but I think my update is rather hackish and can be done more reliable?

Old:

--- Code: ---%s%ac%?tt<%Tn|%?Tn<%Tn|searching...>>

--- End code ---
New:

--- Code: ---%s%ac%?tt<%?ty<%ty%tz|%Tn>|%?ty<%ty%tz|%?Tn<%Tn|searching...>>>

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks for adding RDS support to the Clip+! I can remember being quite excited when reading here many years ago that it would be somehow possible to add RDS support to the SI4700 chip which doesn't support RDS officially.
It's a shame that it took so many years between the 1st attempts and patches and your recent commit since I don't use my MP3 players anymore now but better late than never. I just tried it and it works well ;D

Your code can work but:
- If there is no RDS name, there won't be any RDS text displayed (but it's quite unlikely that the FM tuner would get RDS text but no RDS name...)
- According to my test today, line scrolling doesn't work with RDS, which seems to be confirmed here https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CustomWPS ("Scrolling lines can not contain dynamic content such as timers, peak meters or progress bars."). From what I recall, line scrolling for RDS used to work on some targets but not well. I assume someone removed it entirely later.
This means that if you put RDS text just after RDS name on the same line on such a tiny screen, you would probably never see the RDS text (or only the 1st characters).

Almost 10 years after the first version (!), here is a new update of my theme  :D
I put RDS name and RDS text on 2 different lines and also added RDS name to the mini-player of the home screen.

Sansa Clip / Clip+


Download link

Changelog:
v1.15 - December, 5th 2021
- FM Radio: add RDS support




ninjadrm:
(Oops, I thought I get notified if there is a response...)


--- Quote from: lebellium on December 05, 2021, 12:00:12 PM ---Thanks for adding RDS support to the Clip+! I can remember being quite excited when reading here many years ago that it would be somehow possible to add RDS support to the SI4700 chip which doesn't support RDS officially.

--- End quote ---

As I understood it, SanDisk always used a RDS-capable SI4702 on the Clip+ but never wired the interrupt line.
So, one couldn't just copy the ClipZip code but we had to implement a polling mechanism.


--- Quote from: lebellium on December 05, 2021, 12:00:12 PM ---It's a shame that it took so many years between the 1st attempts and patches and your recent commit since I don't use my MP3 players anymore now but better late than never. I just tried it and it works well ;D

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it is a pity. Not much was missing since the last version from Amaury Pouly but, yeah, somebody still has to finish it. Thank YOU very much for still testing it and updating the theme after all this time and even when not using MP3 players anymore!


--- Quote from: lebellium on December 05, 2021, 12:00:12 PM ---- According to my test today, line scrolling doesn't work with RDS, which seems to be confirmed here https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CustomWPS ("Scrolling lines can not contain dynamic content such as timers, peak meters or progress bars."). From what I recall, line scrolling for RDS used to work on some targets but not well. I assume someone removed it entirely later.
This means that if you put RDS text just after RDS name on the same line on such a tiny screen, you would probably never see the RDS text (or only the 1st characters).

--- End quote ---

Well, yes, I can confirm there is no scrolling. A little weird, because with my hack with radio name and radio text appended, it used to scroll just fine? Maybe I'll have a look, dunno. Thanks for the pointer!


--- Quote from: lebellium on December 05, 2021, 12:00:12 PM ---Almost 10 years after the first version (!), here is a new update of my theme  :D
I put RDS name and RDS text on 2 different lines and also added RDS name to the mini-player of the home screen.

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much! I like it a lot. And such a super-fast update! Great commitment from your side :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version