Support and General Use > Recording

mark tracks while recording?

<< < (2/5) > >>

whatboutbob:
I likes.  Nice work Mmmm.

I've tested about 20 short file-splits (optical sine wave).  All perfect seamless.

Just testing longer splits now...and splits during buffer writes...

edit: Longer file splits (after ~1hr) and splitting during buffer-writes seem to work perfectly.

The button-mapping makes sense to me.  Now if we could just get a long press of the rec button to go from the wps/file screen to the recording screen... *nudge* :-)

Sorry to hijack...but this is a little on subject at least.  Would anyone else apart from me find it useful to have the name of the file currently being recorded listed on the recording screen?  I think it would make the file-split process a little more...err...transparent.  Can't see how it would fit on the remote screen, but since Mmmm pointed out the interference it causes, I won't be using that to record any more. :-(  ...and apart from that it doesn't make sense to not have something just because it wouldn' fit on a much smaller secondary screen...

Mmmm:

--- Quote from: whatboutbob on June 02, 2006, 09:42:43 PM ---I likes.  Nice work Mmmm.

I've tested about 20 short file-splits (optical sine wave).  All perfect seamless.

Just testing longer splits now...and splits during buffer writes...

edit: Longer file splits (after ~1hr) and splitting during buffer-writes seem to work perfectly.

--- End quote ---
Excellent, thanks for testing whatboutbob...

--- Quote ---The button-mapping makes sense to me.  Now if we could just get a long press of the rec button to go from the wps/file screen to the recording screen... *nudge* :-)

Sorry to hijack...but this is a little on subject at least.  Would anyone else apart from me find it useful to have the name of the file currently being recorded listed on the recording screen?  I think it would make the file-split process a little more...err...transparent.  Can't see how it would fit on the remote screen, but since Mmmm pointed out the interference it causes, I won't be using that to record any more. :-(  ...and apart from that it doesn't make sense to not have something just because it wouldn' fit on a much smaller secondary screen...

--- End quote ---
I agree...I'll look into putting that info in later... I think it would look best just above the peakmeter, do you agree?

Hmmm have to think about what to do about the remote display though, it would be a pain to have seperate positions for everything on the remote and main unit...

Febs:

--- Quote from: whatboutbob on June 02, 2006, 09:42:43 PM ---The button-mapping makes sense to me.  Now if we could just get a long press of the rec button to go from the wps/file screen to the recording screen... *nudge* :-)
--- End quote ---
x2!

And if anyone decides to do a patch for this, please consider having Play+Rec automatically go to the recording screen AND start recording.

whatboutbob:

--- Quote from: Mmmm on June 03, 2006, 05:53:17 AM ---I agree...I'll look into putting that info in later... I think it would look best just above the peakmeter, do you agree?

Hmmm have to think about what to do about the remote display though, it would be a pain to have seperate positions for everything on the remote and main unit...

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't have a problem with having the filename at the bottom of the screen.  I don't think it has to be super-prominent....just there somewhere.  That may make your life easier with the remote then.  Alternatively, there's space next to the filesize...but that's prolly crazy talk.

--- Quote from: Febs on June 03, 2006, 06:26:31 AM ---And if anyone decides to do a patch for this, please consider having Play+Rec automatically go to the recording screen AND start recording.

--- End quote ---

Oooh...I like that.

Febs:
Yeah, I've suggested it before, and I should probably file a feature request.  It should be a very intuitive button combination, considering that it's the way that tape recorders, VCRs, etc. have worked for decades.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version