Support and General Use > Theming and Appearance Customization

iCatcher & UniCatcher WPS

(1/5) > >>

Genre9mp3:

This is my try to make a wps for all Rockbox targets. It is based on the iCatcher WPS for H300  I made some time ago and posted at MisticRiver. Of course these versions do not utilize album art and don't require any patches to work.

I tried to cover any screen that rockbox currently supports, from the Archos ones and the iriver remotes to the iriver H300 and iPod 5G. I tried to enhance similar capabilities for all targets and make an interface simple but yet functional with as many possible information it could fit without get busy.

I hope you like the result...

You can find it in the patchtracker, here:
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5297

Positive feedback only accepted!  :P

RedBreva:
I really do like this theme, not one I would use as the font is too small and the contrast too low for me to read it when on a treadmill...  But I do think it is a good standard WPS that should be considered as a default for all models...
One thing I would add is a problem I noticed when swapping between several themes recently - you don't specify a backdrop, and a lot of other themes do - when you switch to this one afterwards you can end up with a real clash of styles between the main menu screen and the WPS screen, and if you are unlucky, it may even be unreadable...

Mr. Brownstone:

--- Quote from: RedBreva on May 06, 2006, 05:43:12 PM ---you don't specify a backdrop, and a lot of other themes do - when you switch to this one afterwards you can end up with a real clash of styles between the main menu screen and the WPS screen, and if you are unlucky, it may even be unreadable...
--- End quote ---
All you've done is describe a known-bug. The official 3.0 release is intended to ship with as few known-bugs as possible, so it is likely that this will be fixed before the month is out.

Good work on a great looking theme, but I agree that the contrast is rather low for the colour-targets. I'd also like to see an inverted-colour version. :)

Llorean:
I think he's talking about the fact that when you change the WPS, it doesn't change the menu backdrop, and that if you have say, light text in the WPS, and the menu backdrop happens to be an image with very similar colours, you can't see it.

Even if you do everything right with the WPS, you do have to take into account possible menu display issues as well. ;-)

XavierGr:
All of you are talking about the configuration file details. These things can be changed very easily.

Things that matter are WPS code, icons, and general layout for each target. Which I found perfect for CVS inclusion and/or default Rockbox theme for all targets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version