Rockbox Development > Starting Development and Compiling

Updated VirtualBox image for Rockbox development on Windows

<< < (2/3) > >>

robertdundee:
Thank you. Problem solved. Reinstalled Virtualbox and drag+drop the disk image

nerdrunner:
"Direct link:  http://web.mit.edu/mgg6/www/rockbox_virtualbox.7z"

This is an old, and more importantly, _unsupported_ version of Ubuntu.

I was able to get it to work as advertised, but only after _upgrading_ this guest image to Ubuntu 12.04.

Ubuntu would like to further upgrade me to 14.04.1, which I may try, although 12.04 is working fine right now.

Can someone please post a more recent virtualbox guest image at the URL above, so that everyone doesn't have to do the same Ubuntu upgrade (which takes a number of hours) ?

I'd post it myself, but I don't have 2GB online to do it with.

saratoga:
I wouldn't upgrade the image. If you want to run a modern image you can easily download one for a fraction of the effort and then just install the compilers.  The point of this image was to help people who wanted to compile easily.

[Saint]:
It does what it says on the tin. It literally does not matter in the slightest how old or unsupported it is. You're not meant to be using it as a full OS. Its a VM snapshot specifically for compiling Rockbox, which it does.

...if it ain't broke, etc.

[Saint]

nerdrunner:
"It does what it says on the tin. It literally does not matter in the slightest how old or unsupported it is. You're not meant to be using it as a full OS. Its a VM snapshot specifically for compiling Rockbox, which it does."

Well, actually, it no longer works anymore, because there's no way to get data in/out of the virtual image w/o going over the Ethernet.

I had to upgrade the Linux just to be able to get data in/out.

This image no longer works with recent versions of VirtualBox & guest additions unless it is upgraded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version