Rockbox Development > Starting Development and Compiling

Updated VirtualBox image for Rockbox development on Windows

<< < (3/3)

saratoga:

--- Quote from: nerdrunner on February 02, 2015, 11:04:36 AM ---Well, actually, it no longer works anymore, because there's no way to get data in/out of the virtual image w/o going over the Ethernet.

--- End quote ---

USB also works. 

--- Quote from: nerdrunner on February 02, 2015, 11:04:36 AM ---This image no longer works with recent versions of VirtualBox & guest additions unless it is upgraded.

--- End quote ---

Guest additions are working fine for me in Virtualbox 4.3, so I don't think this is correct.  But if you want to make an updated image, you are welcome to. 

nerdrunner:
"Guest additions are working fine for me in Virtualbox 4.3, so I don't think this is correct."

I wasn't able to get USB working prior to upgrading.  Now that I can transfer files directly with guest additions, I haven't needed USB.

But I might try it again just out of curiosity.

saratoga:

--- Quote from: nerdrunner on February 02, 2015, 07:12:50 PM ---"Guest additions are working fine for me in Virtualbox 4.3, so I don't think this is correct."

I wasn't able to get USB working prior to upgrading.  Now that I can transfer files directly with guest additions, I haven't needed USB.

--- End quote ---

IIUC you couldn't use USB because you didn't have the guest additions installed.  Then you updated to a newer version of Ubuntu, and either that came packaged with the guest additions or you installed them.  I'll make a note recommending that people install the guest additions. 

maz-1:
Maybe you should stick to Ubuntu LTS release so that you don't have to upgrade. As you can see,Ubuntu 10.04 is still maintained while ubuntu 11.04 is abandoned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version