Installation / Removal > Iriver - Installation/Removal/Flashing

Can't get to boot H120 into Rockbox

(1/1)

alba63:
Hello, I have bought a second hand iRiver H120. I installed Rockbox with the Utility, when asked I select the iRiver firmware version  "ihp_120-1.66-EU.hex". Utility then seems to perform the necessary installation steps. I switch the H120 out, then on again, and select firmware upgrade from the menue. Display says "upgrade running, don't touch" or something like that.

But then after rebooting, I always get the iRiver screen and the player booting into 1.66 E - I have uninstalled and reinstalled Rockbox with the Utility, no change.

Screen shows several folders and playlists, but only a low number of files because the iRiver firmware does not recognize flac files (which I have loaded on the H120).

I have a second H120 player where the Rockbox installation (years ago) worked, what could I overlook???

Thanks
Bernie
Post Merge: April 10, 2012, 03:59:56 AMGot it working!!!!

Bottom of the line:  the automatic installation with the utility did not work - because it apparently placed just the unpatched FW on the H120 disk.

With "fwpatcher.exe" I could patch the original FW, and with the now correct (= patched) version the FW- update worked and the iRiver now boots into Rockbox!

Yesssssssss!

Because the reason I have the iRiver is the flac support...

Cheers
Bernie

bluebrother:

--- Quote from: alba63 on April 09, 2012, 06:15:49 PM ---Bottom of the line:  the automatic installation with the utility did not work - because it apparently placed just the unpatched FW on the H120 disk.

--- End quote ---

I doubt that. Did you by chance have an unpatched firmware file already on the disk of the player? In that case you get exactly the described behaviour, because replacing an already existing file isn't supported -- and no error message is displayed. This obviously needs to get fixed, but if there is no such file on the player it should work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version