Installation / Removal > Archos - Installation/Removal/Flashing

Flash for the Players?

<< < (8/9) > >>

canvin:
ok now !!
there also a mini firmware when i plug it ! that's rocks, looks all ok now ! see you Canvin.  ;)

molsongrrrl:
the flash works great! thanks so much! the instructions were easy to follow and is working great!

tonymande:
Hello,

i've got an old Studio 6000 which isn't flashable in-circuit  :(
Is it possible to flash it off-circuit or to replace the chip somehow?

Thanks for your feedback,
David

Sticks:
Hi, I've got a studio with this HWInfo:
[HW Info]
ROM: 5.08
USB: neg
ATA: 0x300m
Mask: 0000
Flash: BF,D6
BootROM: no

Based on this thread, it seems like if I grabbed the latest rockbox (2.4) and flash_player.zip that I'd be good to go, but every time I run the firmware_flash.rock thingy I get the "Wrong Version" message.

Any ideas? Thanks, nathan

amiconn:

--- Quote from: Sticks on July 28, 2005, 07:27:06 PM ---Flash: BF,D6
BootROM: no

Based on this thread, it seems like if I grabbed the latest rockbox (2.4) and flash_player.zip that I'd be good to go, but every time I run the firmware_flash.rock thingy I get the "Wrong Version" message.

--- End quote ---

Yes, this box is indeed flashable, but it is the type without boot ROM. That means there is no safety net if the flashing procedure should ever go wrong (not that we know of any such case so far).

The 'wrong version' problem occurs because the firmware_flash plugin in the rockbox 2.4 packagae does not yet recognise a 5.08 ROM as a valid player ROM. Support for both 5.08 ROMs and ROMless players was added later, so I recommend installing a recent daily build instead. Rockbox 2.4 is more than half a year old...

Regards,

Jens

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version