Installation / Removal > Apple - Installation/Removal

Uninstal Gone Wrong!!! Help!!!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Llorean:
Could you type exactly what line you used to create the rockboot.bin? (the last one you did with the ipod_fw command.)

Type it please, don't just copy and paste it from the page. I'm curious if maybe you're making a typo, or reading it slightly off (for example, -l instead of -i)

Seufari:
well, i installed rockbox on the good ipod (white)and it is working as it should. 

anyways, I am typing...

ipod_fw -g video -o rockboot.bin -i apple_os.bin bootloader-video.bin

After I install the bootloader to the black ipod that has been giving me trouble  and I go to test it without the rockbox folder and files, it loads the bootloader but loops back around after a reset.  never loading the original firmware.

I think I am just going to restore the ipod and start over.  I am grateful I was able to force it into disk mode. 

Llorean:
Assuming both ipods are exactly the same model, you *should* be able to do
ipodpatcher -r N bootpartition.bin
to the one that's working, then
ipodpatcher -w N bootpartition.bin
(using the bootpartition you got from the working one)
and the other one *should* work. DO NOT patch this bootpartition. Since you're extracting it from one with rockbox installed, everything should already be there.

Seufari:

--- Quote from: Llorean on March 06, 2006, 11:10:26 PM ---Assuming both ipods are exactly the same model, you *should* be able to do
ipodpatcher -r N bootpartition.bin
to the one that's working, then
ipodpatcher -w N bootpartition.bin
(using the bootpartition you got from the working one)
and the other one *should* work. DO NOT patch this bootpartition. Since you're extracting it from one with rockbox installed, everything should already be there.

--- End quote ---

I'll give that a shot....

linuxstb:

--- Quote from: Seufari on March 06, 2006, 11:08:01 PM ---After I install the bootloader to the black ipod that has been giving me trouble  and I go to test it without the rockbox folder and files, it loads the bootloader but loops back around after a reset.  never loading the original firmware.

--- End quote ---

It sounds like something went wrong when you were extracting the apple_os.bin and apple_sw_5g_rcsc.bin files from your original bootpartition.bin

The file sizes (in bytes) for those three files should be something like the following (but my be slightly different depending on your firmware version):

apple_os.bin -  5879344
apple_sw_5g_rcsc.bin - 5243392
bootpartition.bin - 82220544

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version