Support and General Use > Audio Playback, Database and Playlists

Playlist starting over on reboot - Studio 20

(1/2) > >>

mrsticks:
I tried searching the forums but got a "zero reply error" from the server.  So forgive me if this issue has already been addressed.

I have a studio 20GB.  Been using rockbox for 2 years now.  Never had a problem. 

Just upgraded to 2.5 the other day, noticed something, maybe I did something wrong.  I can start up a playlist, listen to a few songs.  But when I turn off the player, by holding the stop button for a few secs, and turn it back on, the playlist has restarted.  This is how it operates with both user created playlists and rockbox created playlists.

Anyone hear of this?  Thanks in advance.

tyleroar:
Hello,
I just started using rockbox so I don't know if this is a new issue or not.  If you go to menu->General Settings->Playback->Resume on  Startup, you can turn it on from there.  I belive it is default set to off.

Tyler

LinusN:

--- Quote from: mrsticks on February 23, 2006, 10:29:39 AM ---Just upgraded to 2.5 the other day, noticed something, maybe I did something wrong.  I can start up a playlist, listen to a few songs.  But when I turn off the player, by holding the stop button for a few secs, and turn it back on, the playlist has restarted.  This is how it operates with both user created playlists and rockbox created playlists.

--- End quote ---
If you hold the Stop button to turn off, the playlist state isn't properly saved to disk. Select the poweroff option in the menu instead.

mrsticks:
Tyler -

I was not aware of this option and I did turn it on.  Although Linus is correct, holding the stop button even with this option turned on did not seem to work out. 

This option combined with Linus' suggestion of shutting it down through the menu worked out just fine.

Thanks guys

-peter

tyleroar:
That's weird.  I've been holding the stop button to power off, and it seems to be saving the playlist where I left off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version