Rockbox Development > Feature Ideas

"Binaural Beat Brain Wave Generation" and "Binaurals" MERGED

(1/2) > >>

Greezael:
Well, I've been using Rockbox for some time (thanks to God you finally managed to put it on the Nano 2G), and I think I've a good idea for it.

Some time ago, I discovered something called Binaural Beats. Perhaps you know them with the name of Digital Drugs, thanks to iDoser.com, although that's not their main function. They're sound which can alter the conscious state, very useful for meditation, astral projection, painkillers, and some weird and interesting stuff.

I write this because of Sbagen, which is a FREE binaural tones generator (not like that from idoser), which has been recently ported to Android.
http://www.normalesup.org/~george/comp/binaural_player/

Using the same modified code, the creator of the Android version told us that could be very easily developed in Rockbox. That would mean, as the doses can be more than half an hour long, using the standard .sbg files, which are only a few kilobytes big.

So, I would be very pleased to see my Rockbox player using my Binaurals, and so would most of the Sbagen community, i think.

The home of the project is http://uazu.net/sbagen/, and the programme itself runs on command line mode, so it would be just adapting a viewer for the files.

It would be a very interesting feature, which probably would help us to make Rockbox well known. I hope someone decide to do this little work (I just don't know how).

saratoga:
That source code has a lot of doubles in it, which means it'd have to be ported/rewritten to use integer math.  This is probably a lot of work.

Greezael:
What a pitty. Thanks anyway for your time.

Someday I will do it by myself! (I hope)

redblade8:
I would like this idea =P   I have heard of it from friends, and wondered what listening to it would be like ...It is a very cool idea indeed.

michael_514:
just came across SBaGen while looking into i-dosing; seems sbagen would make a killer app for rockbox.  :)

I don’t know about you, but I am (not) about to run out and experiment with the latest fad, known as “i-dosing,” a gimmick that supposedly uses binaural tones to create euphoria. “Simply put, i-dosing is the attempt to achieve a perceived drug ‘high’ from listening specially-engineered sounds and music,” reports Psychology Today.

Soap Edit:
Removed link because it was linked above and I'm a hair suspicious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version