Support and General Use > User Interface and Voice

Just a quick question...

(1/2) > >>

Tron:
Hi, folks!

I just started using rockbox and really love it. I was wondering about the charging behavior, though. When I plug it in, the unit starts up and goes into the rockbox charging mode, therefore checking the battery first and not charging. The display is dark then (backlight set to off while plugged in).
However, when charging starts, the backlight goes on and stays on. Is this supposed to be like this or am I missing a setting or something? The charging-FAQ states nothing like this.

I flashed the firmware with rockbox using today's build.

Sincerely,
Tron

LinusN:
There is a setting for this, "backlight on when charging". Set it to "no".

Linus

Tron:

--- Quote from: LinusN on October 04, 2004, 05:23:59 PM ---There is a setting for this, "backlight on when charging". Set it to "no".
--- End quote ---

I only found the setting "backlight on when plugged" which, as I mentioned in my post, is already set to "off".

I really must have pushed some weird and undocumented key combination. I don't remember this when I flashed the firmware, just when I was playing around with the unit. The archos-charger, accessible by F1 during boot, now also charges with the backlight on.

Sincerely,
Tron

LinusN:
Which version are you running? I think 2.2 doesn't respect the "backlight on when charging" setting in the charging screen. Try the latest daily.

Linus

Tron:
I used the daily build from yesterday.
Funny thing is, I think it worked allright with the Rockbox-Firmware until I must have changed something by pressing buttons while charging or something...

Sincerely,
Tron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version