Rockbox General > Announcements

Rockbox 3.4 released!

(1/4) > >>

AlexP:
Hello all,

The Rockbox team are happy to announce the release of Rockbox 3.4!

To get it, go here.

Read up on the most notable changes in 3.4.

Enjoy!

ThaCrip:
thanks for this great firmware update.

also... i was told that the new bootloaders for the Sansa e200 series etc where in rbutil program... but is there any options for a manual install anywhere on the website? , or do you still need to use the file that i got in my signature for that.

EDIT: changed my signature so it uses the new bootloader linked to in the v3.4 manual for the e200/e200R series.

gevaerts:

--- Quote from: ThaCrip on September 24, 2009, 12:41:54 PM ---also... i was told that the new bootloaders for the Sansa e200 series etc where in rbutil program... but is there any options for a manual install anywhere on the website? , or do you still need to use the file that i got in my signature for that.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for reminding me that I still needed to remove that file :)

The PP bootloaders are on the website in their proper place, so the procedure documented in the manual will work.

bluebrother:

--- Quote from: ThaCrip on September 24, 2009, 12:41:54 PM ---also... i was told that the new bootloaders for the Sansa e200 series etc where in rbutil program...
--- End quote ---

errr... no. Rockbox Utility never included any bootloaders and most likely never will. All bootloaders will get downloaded from the download server, and it uses the same locations as the manual installation instructions. If not, there is an error in either Rockbox Utility or the manual.

Yotto:
I have an Ipod Video 5G (not 5.5) 30GB, and am having some difficulty getting the USB HID working.

I haven't updated Rockbox for some time (3.1 I think) but I don't think that matters except I'm not familiar with any changes between then and now. I've been interested with the USB stuff but not enough to try it until now.

I did an install with rbutil program and it went perfectly. I even did the boot loader just to be sure. The iPod boots up to Rockbox and says version 3.4, and I notice differences between what I had and what I have now.

When I plug the USB cable in, though, it goes to the same screen that I'm used to, which I thought was Apple's firmware screen. Also, in dmesg on my Linux (Xubuntu) box, I still see "IPOD" listed. On my Windows box, It reports itself as a "USB Mass Storage Device" so I don't know.

And here's the big part, the whole reason I wanted to try this build is the line "You are now able to control your PC music player app using your DAP with USB HID while connected" in the release notes. And from what I can tell that's not working. I have done little more than plug it in and press "play/pause" to see if it'll work on a few programs (Winamp, VLC) but that's because I see no references to anything to try. So, before I try anything else, is the USB enabled? Did I do something wrong when I installed? Is there a specific program that is known to work that I can try? Should I be posting this here or in a help section?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version