Rockbox Development > New Ports

Sandisk Sansa Connect

<< < (9/9)

wodz:
Maybe this is stupid question but why don't you run rockbox as an app? With native rb you loose network connectivity right?

desowin:

--- Quote from: wodz on November 14, 2011, 04:39:20 PM ---Maybe this is stupid question but why don't you run rockbox as an app? With native rb you loose network connectivity right?

--- End quote ---

Quite a few kernel modules are closed-source (this includes DSP. AIC3X is handled in binary, non-free, library). Moreover I am not interested in setting up obsolete toolchain just to build binaries that can be run on the target. I am not interested in updating the Linux distribution that is being run there.

Well, network subsystem could be added to Rockbox at some point in the future, I think. Anyway, at current point you don't loose anything, as OF doesn't allow you to connect (without workarounds; and you have to downgrade OF to have network support at all) to the network.

desowin:
Reviving the thread as OF bootloader contains arbitrary code execution vulnerability. The exploit is available at https://github.com/desowin/zsitool/blob/master/exploit.md. Rockbox bootloader can be installed using only Open-Source tools (no need to rely on any official firmware packages).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version