Installation / Removal > Rockbox Utility

e260 Sansa Can't install

(1/1)

FahKingNut:
I'm having to do all of this via the phone (and across several states) with a wife who has no tech skills, so I'm a bit handicapped.

Tried to get her to install RockBox on a Sansa e260.  System is running Vista Home Premium.  Was at a loss that the Sansa wasn't showing up with a drive letter.  During the install it halted and would crash when the autodetect function was used to detect type of unit and correct path.  Finally it dawned on me to have her check the version of her software and she gave me a ".03 something" after several minutes of searching.

Have I come to the right conclusion that this is a V2 unit and that we can't put RockBox on it?

bluebrother:

--- Quote from: FahKingNut on July 26, 2009, 05:09:18 PM ---System is running Vista Home Premium.  Was at a loss that the Sansa wasn't showing up with a drive letter.
--- End quote ---

If the player doesn't show up as drive letter it's in MTP mode. Installation requires MSC mode, so she needs to change that.

--- Quote ---Finally it dawned on me to have her check the version of her software and she gave me a ".03 something" after several minutes of searching.
--- End quote ---

If "03" is the first part of the version number the player is a v2.

--- Quote ---Have I come to the right conclusion that this is a V2 unit and that we can't put RockBox on it?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately it looks pretty much like that. Rockbox for the e200v2 is being worked on but it hasn't reached a state to be useable for non-developers.

FahKingNut:
Thank you very much for the quick and thorough reply.

It's greatly appreciated!!!

AlecWynn:
i have a sansa e260v2 01.02.18A and im having troubles installing rockbox on it and help? ??? ???                                                                                                                                                     
--- Quote from: bluebrother on July 26, 2009, 05:28:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: FahKingNut on July 26, 2009, 05:09:18 PM ---System is running Vista Home Premium.  Was at a loss that the Sansa wasn't showing up with a drive letter.
--- End quote ---

If the player doesn't show up as drive letter it's in MTP mode. Installation requires MSC mode, so she needs to change that.

--- Quote ---Finally it dawned on me to have her check the version of her software and she gave me a ".03 something" after several minutes of searching.
--- End quote ---

If "03" is the first part of the version number the player is a v2.

--- Quote ---Have I come to the right conclusion that this is a V2 unit and that we can't put RockBox on it?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately it looks pretty much like that. Rockbox for the e200v2 is being worked on but it hasn't reached a state to be useable for non-developers.

--- End quote ---

bluebrother:

--- Quote from: AlecWynn on August 23, 2009, 06:03:26 PM ---i have a sansa e260v2 01.02.18A and im having troubles installing rockbox on it and help? ??? ???           

--- End quote ---

* What are you referring to?
* Care to tell the problem?
* Why are you hijacking a thread that was talking about a v2 player (you've got a v1)?
* Do you consider this good style?[/li

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version