Installation / Removal > Rockbox Utility

ipod 5.5: installer says "no ipod detected"

(1/2) > >>

huedrant:
hi!

i got an ipod 5.5gen and want to install RB on this. i read about some issues in the early days of the 5.5 - however they seem to have been fixed, dont they?

my serial number is V9M - but I didnt find any informations on that.

i tried out the manual install as well, but the ipodfixer.exe didnt help as well..

is there a way to fix that problem? and can i override that error message and install RB manually anyhow?

GodEater:
Are you running the utility with Adminsitrator privileges ?

huedrant:
yes, i think so. i'm currently (dont tell anybody.. ;) ) running anything as admin. i even unchecked the "protect the PC from unauthorized program activity"-box. no change.

any advice?

:'(

bluebrother:

--- Quote from: huedrant on June 17, 2009, 08:33:09 AM ---my serial number is V9M - but I didnt find any informations on that.
--- End quote ---
There's an Apple Knowledge Base article linked in the IpodFAQ wiki page that tells details about serial numbers and version.

--- Quote ---i tried out the manual install as well, but the ipodfixer.exe didnt help as well..
--- End quote ---
There is no ipodfixer.exe. Please be exact with names as those are important.

--- Quote ---is there a way to fix that problem? and can i override that error message and install RB manually anyhow?
--- End quote ---
Well, currently it isn't even clear what the problem itself is. Please post the output of the About / System Info dialog of Rockbox Utility (with the Ipod attached).

huedrant:
hi!

thanks for your reply!

--- Quote from: bluebrother on June 17, 2009, 11:11:21 AM ---There is no ipodfixer.exe. Please be exact with names as those are important.
--- End quote ---

i'm talkin about
http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/ipod/ipodpatcher/win32/ipodpatcher.exe

--- Quote ---Well, currently it isn't even clear what the problem itself is. Please post the output of the About / System Info dialog of Rockbox Utility (with the Ipod attached).

--- End quote ---

here we go:

--- Code: ---OS
Windows version 5.1, build 2600 (Service Pack 3, v.3264)

Permissions
Admin

Attached USB devices
VID: 05ac PID: 1209, iPod

Filesystem
I:\, 28597 MiB available

--- End code ---

btw, i have to notice, currently, there is no original apple firmware / bootloader / whatever installed (the drive arrived formatted by windows using FAT32). i'm just trying to install rockbox to a blank drive.

does this help a little?

---------------

okay, update..

i got my hands on a PC with iTunes installed and restored the device. that made it work. sorry for posting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version