Rockbox General > Announcements

USB for c2XX, e2XX, M:Robe 100, H10, iPod 4G, Mini, Mini 2G, Nano, Color & Video

(1/15) > >>

Llorean:
Just to let folks know, Rockbox's own USB mode is now expected to be working reliably on the above listed players (unless I've gotten the list wrong). Any build newer than this post should have it enabled by default (so "current build" rather than the release build in RBUtil) and there should be no more need for reboots into the original firmware to transfer files. Be aware that things such as having USB connected during bootup (depending on your player) may still trigger a load of the original firmware. New bootloaders are to be expected along with the release, hopefully, that should change USB-related behaviour in the bootloader to make more sense with the removal of the need to reboot.

This feature, assuming no unexpected problems crop up, will of course be in Rockbox 3.2 as well, coming next month.

rasher:

--- Quote from: LambdaCalculus379 on February 25, 2009, 07:07:06 PM ---Don't forget the m:robe 100! :)

--- End quote ---
It's right there!

gevaerts:

--- Quote from: LambdaCalculus379 on February 25, 2009, 07:07:06 PM ---Don't forget the m:robe 100! :)

--- End quote ---
He didn't!

cool_walking_:
Scandal! Revisionism at Rockbox!!  :'( >:(

Oh, wait. Nevermind. The staff would never, ever, under no circumstances, remove or edit another user's post.  I love goats.

DerSarek:

--- Quote from: Llorean on February 25, 2009, 07:04:36 PM ---
Just to let folks know, Rockbox's own USB mode is now expected to be working reliably on the above listed players

--- End quote ---

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and not to mention: thank you!

Excellent work!
No more hourlong "database updates".

Thank you.  :-)
(I'm very happy about this, can anybody tell?)

DerSarek

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version