Rockbox Development > Feature Ideas

FM Radio GUI and WPS

<< < (2/3) > >>

MarcGuay:
It would be nice to customize an image, similar to an album cover in the WPS, for each station.

JdGordon:
I think one of the newer targets (D2 maybe?) has the RDS chip, but yeah, its impossible for targets which dont have it.

AA for radio stations :) could be done, and actually more nicely than the WPS.. done just as an extension of the current fmr file.

if anyone is really serious about this, the first step is to strip all the current drawing code out of the radio screen and dump it into a new function which just draws the screen. once thats done we can go nuts on the rest of it. (IIRC the wps parser in theory could be made to work with multiple tag sets and buffers.. but a bit of work is needed there also)

terrence1019:
I think that's an interesting idea.

I think a interesting FM WPS would be like:

=================================

Station Name

Station Frequency

Stereo/Mono

Mode (Preset/Scan)

Preset # (if in Preset Mode)

Album Art (if any)

==============================

All lines could be centered, with the Station Name and Frequency having larger fonts than the other lines

sansauzer:
It would be nice to have presets in a menu that is scrollable, so I can jump right to the station I want.

terrence1019:

--- Quote from: sansauzer on July 02, 2008, 06:43:18 PM ---It would be nice to have presets in a menu that is scrollable, so I can jump right to the station I want.

--- End quote ---

Considering that you are a "sansa-user", just click the center button to bring up the preset list

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version