Third Party > Unsupported Builds

H320/340 Car compatible custom bootloader build. (Update: Added cradle support)

<< < (5/7) > >>

larry_llama:
My trusty car unit died (rockbox'd ipod mini) and I've dug out my old 320 to use it in the car - does anyone have these patches still? the links are dead. I would love for the unit to boot on power on. I had my ipod mini set up this way and it was just fantastic.

Also, my battery is completely dead in this unit and it's hard to boot it up since it tends to dislike booting rockbox when the power is applied. It seems like if I unplug it and hold power on while plugging it in then it works. It's kind of a pain though. In a perfect world, I would have it automatically boot to rockbox upon applying power, and when power removed it would pause and then shut down within 10 seconds (I get maybe 30 seconds of playback on this battery)

Any help is appreciated - if you have the patches or better yet the old patched bootloader that would be just great.

Thanks!

massiveH:

--- Quote from: larry_llama on February 20, 2012, 08:31:28 PM ---My trusty car unit died (rockbox'd ipod mini) and I've dug out my old 320 to use it in the car - does anyone have these patches still? the links are dead. I would love for the unit to boot on power on. I had my ipod mini set up this way and it was just fantastic.

Also, my battery is completely dead in this unit and it's hard to boot it up since it tends to dislike booting rockbox when the power is applied. It seems like if I unplug it and hold power on while plugging it in then it works. It's kind of a pain though. In a perfect world, I would have it automatically boot to rockbox upon applying power, and when power removed it would pause and then shut down within 10 seconds (I get maybe 30 seconds of playback on this battery)

Any help is appreciated - if you have the patches or better yet the old patched bootloader that would be just great.

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I found my old H340, dusted it off, and it had the patched firmware still in the root  ;D  It appears my post on the wiki about this seems to have been removed for some reason...  I can't believe this functionality was never added to the official build, maybe people just didn't care...  Oh well, here is the file.

h300.hex with mod MD5: c4c8e80a5cc89c80aa306060118fb519

larry_llama:
Thanks! I'm going to give it a try. I'm very excited you were still monitoring this. I thought it was a long shot...

guzzi75:
Thanks also, i looked to your mod unsuccessfully until now.
I wanted to give it a try.

larry_llama:
I tried it and had some problems - namely the boot froze at the battery voltage line.

Then I used the rockbox installer to re-install the current stable build. But your patch must have remained because it does boot upon application of power now.

Occasionally I get an error such as i0b:line-f at bootup. If I turn the machine off and then plug the power in again, it seems to boot fine the second time. I can't discern a pattern yet of what causes that error.

Thanks again for putting this together. I'm assuming development of this target has slowed to a stop but if any devs are listening, it certainly would be nice for the official bootloader to allow for boot-on-power-connect  :)

THanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version