Support and General Use > Plugins/Viewers

Midi Player

<< < (8/10) > >>

jbullfrog:
Thanks for the help.  I have learned that incorporating midi support is a much more daunting task than I guessed.  For now, I'll stick with converting them to wav files using Winamp, and then converting the wav files to mp3 format.

Maybe one day Rockbox will have full midi support.  Who knows?

karashata:
Depending on what you mean by "full"...  As far as I can tell, it already has full support for general midi, though for PP targets it still needs some optimization to get it to decode the instructions fast enough to keep up with playback for higher tempo and more complex midis.

I don't know if anyone will add support for extended general or whatever other midi instrument sets are out there, or if adding that support would be as easy as finding a patchset with the extended general (or whatever) instrument set and a configuration file that Rockbox's midi plugin can read and use.

bascule:

--- Quote from: PaulPosition on April 25, 2008, 12:23:40 PM ---You're obviously not a musician...
--- End quote ---

Correct. And I apologise if I upset anyone who does still need to use it. I made an assumption that people still using it did so because they want to in some sort of a retro or deliberately 'old-skool' way. It just seems incredibly old-fashined to me (in digital terms, obviously).

saanaito:

--- Quote from: jbullfrog on April 26, 2008, 11:00:53 AM ---Thanks for the help.  I have learned that incorporating midi support is a much more daunting task than I guessed.  For now, I'll stick with converting them to wav files using Winamp, and then converting the wav files to mp3 format.

--- End quote ---

You can also use www.haminet.com 's MIDI to MP3 converter. It's free. ;)

robin0800:

--- Quote --- For now, I'll stick with converting them to wav files using Winamp, and then converting the wav files to mp3 format
--- End quote ---
Rockbox can play wave files and also wavepack so no need? for mp3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version