Rockbox Development > New Ports

Rockbox as an Application (Android, WebOS etc.)

<< < (89/89)

gama:
@Bilgus, I am reading the blog you posted and he/she did manage to get rockbox running on an Android 10 device to some extent (haven't read everything carefully and I don't have an Android 4 device to compare).   Following his blog I have managed to build the apk and successfully opened rockbox on Android 7.0.  If you or someone else is interested I could try to write a patch once I have merged all the changes from the blog.  For me it is very important because I want to use rockbox in a modern Walkman or Ibasso player to listen to some chiptune music :).

I will try to contact him to see if he is interested in submitting the patch to the tracker himself.

Milardo:

--- Quote from: gama on January 04, 2022, 09:21:02 PM ---@Bilgus, I am reading the blog you posted and he/she did manage to get rockbox running on an Android 10 device to some extent (haven't read everything carefully and I don't have an Android 4 device to compare).   Following his blog I have managed to build the apk and successfully opened rockbox on Android 7.0.  If you or someone else is interested I could try to write a patch once I have merged all the changes from the blog.  For me it is very important because I want to use rockbox in a modern Walkman or Ibasso player to listen to some chiptune music :).

I will try to contact him to see if he is interested in submitting the patch to the tracker himself.

--- End quote ---

Hi, could you upload the apk, I'd like to see if it works on my android devices. That would be great if you could submit a patch here as well. Is this apk something that one could compile in a linux os?

gama:

--- Quote from: Milardo on January 05, 2022, 12:31:12 AM ---Hi, could you upload the apk, I'd like to see if it works on my android devices. That would be great if you could submit a patch here as well. Is this apk something that one could compile in a linux os?

--- End quote ---

I am working on implementing all the changes hp30 has done.  Once I have tested all of them i will try to contact him and ask him about it.

Yes, you can compile it in linux  No need for Android Studio.  I am using debian through WSL2.  I am using latest android-sdk (apt-get install android-sdk), the linux command line tools (https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line) to install platform 19 through sdkmanager.  And ndk version r10e (https://github.com/android/ndk/wiki/Unsupported-Downloads).

And followed the instructions found in rockbox/android/README.

Jamespoo1:
 :)

gama:
Hi, just a heads up!  I have uploaded two patches to run (to some extent) rockbox on newer android devices.

I cannot take apk requests cuz I am too busy.  But you can read about it here:  https://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/13339

Well, see ya.  Hope someone is still interested in this :).

UPDATE: As of commit 6dcbf7ff77b0596c3317a76097e8b0c1c2f8158a, there is a floating point error when pressing volume buttons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version