Rockbox Development > New Ports

Rockbox as an Application (Android, WebOS etc.)

<< < (87/88) > >>

Kevorex:
Also, I think this app is based on Rasher's Rockbox, which many people in Rockbox forums think that it is impossible to build a Rockbox app base on it that can run on ART(the runtime Android 5.0 and up are based on). The person (or people) in China achieved a long time ago, and I think the efforts put into it were very huge; so, I will be interested looking how well the project have been done. I will ask for the autor's permission to make it a github project.

steak:

--- Quote from: Kevorex on February 15, 2018, 02:40:15 AM ---Also, I think this app is based on Rasher's Rockbox, which many people in Rockbox forums think that it is impossible to build a Rockbox app base on it that can run on ART(the runtime Android 5.0 and up are based on). The person (or people) in China achieved a long time ago, and I think the efforts put into it were very huge; so, I will be interested looking how well the project have been done. I will ask for the autor's permission to make it a github project.

--- End quote ---
I am also a mere user and thank anyone who make RB live on. Please fwd this to our chinese friend  8)

Kevorex:

--- Quote from: gevaerts on February 14, 2018, 05:18:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kevorex on February 12, 2018, 07:21:32 PM ---Rockbox app with Android 5.0 or up compatibility is out there a long time ago, but it is developed by a user in Rockbox Chinese community. The download process required a good Chinese reading ability, so it is almost impossible for a non-Chinese person to find it out. I only distributed it by extracted it, set the default language to English, did some translating jobs on the file name, made a instruction file then recompressed it. The app and additional files belong to the author "迈戈" from Rockbox Chinese community.

--- End quote ---

Do you happen to have a link to source or patches that were applied? Just a binary is useless for further progress (as well as against the license, obviously)

--- End quote ---
I got a github link from a admin of the Rockbox Chinese Community that is supposed to be some sort of patch files of the rockbox app. I think this is a project for the main Rockbox app, and the one I posted before seems to be a theme package with two versions of main apps in it. As I said before, I have no idea of what these things are about and how they works, so if you guys are interested but puzzled after looking at the project, you will need to contact the email of the admin for clarifying your confusions.

Github link:
https://github.com/Rockbox-Chinese-Community/Rockbox-RCC

RCC admin's email:
rockboxchn@gmail.com

arom:

--- Quote from: Kevorex on April 23, 2018, 12:51:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: gevaerts on February 14, 2018, 05:18:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kevorex on February 12, 2018, 07:21:32 PM ---Rockbox app with Android 5.0 or up compatibility is out there a long time ago, but it is developed by a user in Rockbox Chinese community. The download process required a good Chinese reading ability, so it is almost impossible for a non-Chinese person to find it out. I only distributed it by extracted it, set the default language to English, did some translating jobs on the file name, made a instruction file then recompressed it. The app and additional files belong to the author "迈戈" from Rockbox Chinese community.

--- End quote ---

Do you happen to have a link to source or patches that were applied? Just a binary is useless for further progress (as well as against the license, obviously)

--- End quote ---
I got a github link from a admin of the Rockbox Chinese Community that is supposed to be some sort of patch files of the rockbox app. I think this is a project for the main Rockbox app, and the one I posted before seems to be a theme package with two versions of main apps in it. As I said before, I have no idea of what these things are about and how they works, so if you guys are interested but puzzled after looking at the project, you will need to contact the email of the admin for clarifying your confusions.

Github link:
https://github.com/Rockbox-Chinese-Community/Rockbox-RCC

RCC admin's email:
rockboxchn@gmail.com

--- End quote ---

Hi kevorex,

The zip file you provided works quite well save for some minor UI bugs, but I noticed it's a build from over 2 years ago.

Where can I find a more recent build? the forum thread you provided gives an error 502 and rockboxcn.org seems to no longer exist.

silverbear:
I love Rockbox; it was the only thing that stopped me getting rid of my iPod. Instead, the iPod, though now on its last legs, was turned into something wonderful. Please don't give up on the Android port. So far, I cannot find anything that does everything as Rockbox does - a truly grateful user.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version