Rockbox Development > New Ports

Rockbox as an Application (Android, WebOS etc.)

<< < (4/89) > >>

kugel.:

--- Quote ---* Easy porting of C/C++ applications to webOS, especially games that use SDL or OpenGL ES (1.1 or 2.0) for 3D graphics
--- End quote ---

If it supports SDL, then RaaA should be ready to run. Although a native port would run much better.

Davide-NYC:

--- Quote from: kugel. on July 29, 2010, 04:33:00 AM ---If it supports SDL, then RaaA should be ready to run. Although a native port would run much better.

--- End quote ---

For someone of my skill set that sounds like a gross oversimplification. What would getting this running entail?

As a very interesting aside:
I strongly suspect this would be one of the most popular apps (if not *the* most popular app) in the PDK hot apps catalog...
Does this mean that Rockbox could win $100,000? (One Hundred Thousand Dollars)
http://developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2085

Am I missing something? Should Rockbox not try for this? The contest ends at the end of September. Is there not enough time?

funman:

--- Quote from: Davide-NYC on July 29, 2010, 03:05:09 PM ---Does this mean that Rockbox could win $100,000? (One Hundred Thousand Dollars)

--- End quote ---
Perhaps

--- Quote from: Davide-NYC on July 29, 2010, 03:05:09 PM ---Am I missing something? Should Rockbox not try for this? The contest ends at the end of September. Is there not enough time?

--- End quote ---
You're missing that rockbox wouldn't do much with $100,000

We're a bunch of volunteers, we don't need money, and do what we like to do.

EDIT: if nobody likes to port rockbox to WebOS, then it won't be done

Davide-NYC:
 ???

--- Quote from: funman on July 29, 2010, 04:28:26 PM --- we don't need money

--- End quote ---

???

You mean to tell me that the Rockbox steering committee could find absolutely no good use for a pile of money?

Ridiculous.

JdGordon:

--- Quote from: Davide-NYC on July 29, 2010, 08:10:21 PM ---You mean to tell me that the Rockbox steering committee could find absolutely no good use for a pile of money?

Ridiculous.

--- End quote ---

Any idea other than "fly all who wanted to a devcon and have a massive piss up" is just stupid!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version