Rockbox General > Announcements

Sansa e200/e200R: Keymap change.

<< < (3/9) > >>

AlexP:
Llorean:  Yep, that is exactly what I meant.

scharkalvin:
Not all players have the same number of controls so some doubling up is required on some players to get the needed number of 'inputs'.

For example the ipods and the sansa have 5 buttons and a scroll wheel, but the sansa adds a power button.  This gives the sansa two extra inputs (press power and hold power).  The Gigabeat has 5 buttons on the front, 3 on the side (menu, power, "A") but no scroll wheel (though it DOES have the volume up/down).  Some of these buttons are duplicated by the wired remote control with actually works under rockbox!

I think the idea of mapping the player controls in a similar manor has it's merits and I support the idea.  The Sansa and Gigabeat players are similar enough, the iPods are the problem having fewer mappable inputs.

AlexP:

--- Quote from: scharkalvin on November 05, 2007, 07:58:05 AM ---Not all players have the same number of controls so some doubling up is required on some players to get the needed number of 'inputs'.

--- End quote ---

I'm aware of this, and yes the iPod are a problem.  The gigabeat, iriver H1x0, H3x0, Sansa etc are fine.  However where physically possible, consistency between targets should be maintained (IMHO).

--- Quote from: scharkalvin on November 05, 2007, 07:58:05 AM ---Some of these buttons are duplicated by the wired remote control with actually works under rockbox!

--- End quote ---

What do you mean, actually working like you are surprised?  ;D   The LCD remote, screen and all, on my H140 has been working in rockbox for years!

scharkalvin:

--- Quote ---What do you mean, actually working like you are surprised?  Grin   The LCD remote, screen and all, on my H140 has been working in rockbox for years!
--- End quote ---
My first impression of the Gigabeat remote hardware was that it must have used an undocumented serial protocol and I did not expect it to work with rockbox.   (compared to the H140 isn't the Gigabeat a newcomer?)   Also, only the F40 and F60 were shipped with this gizmo, I would have assumed that most of the rockbox porting work would have been done on the F10 and F20 units (as they were probably more available at the time).

GodEater:

--- Quote from: scharkalvin on November 05, 2007, 01:23:58 PM --- Also, only the F40 and F60 were shipped with this gizmo, I would have assumed that most of the rockbox porting work would have been done on the F10 and F20 units (as they were probably more available at the time).

--- End quote ---

Our experience has been that the F40 is way more prolific than any other model...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version