Rockbox Development > New Ports

Creative ZEN

<< < (42/44) > >>

ch3mn3y:
I seem to not be able to flash any nk file. When sending firmware_zen_lcd.nk there is Error occured during sending!, and when trying to install older firmware_zen.nk, there is Error while opening firmware_zen.nk! + Error occured during sending!

I'm doing it on Win8.1, but I have done it before on the same machine, so not sure what's wrong?

pamaury:

--- Quote from: ch3mn3y on March 03, 2017, 01:47:44 PM ---I seem to not be able to flash any nk file. When sending firmware_zen_lcd.nk there is Error occured during sending!, and when trying to install older firmware_zen.nk, there is Error while opening firmware_zen.nk! + Error occured during sending!

I'm doing it on Win8.1, but I have done it before on the same machine, so not sure what's wrong?

--- End quote ---

Maybe you forgot to erase the previous firmware ? As explained in https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CreativeZEN, you need to power off the device, press the play button and power on (keep holding). You get the recovery menu, select "Reload firmware", then send the file.

RufusLoacker:

--- Quote from: pamaury on March 03, 2017, 01:50:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: ch3mn3y on March 03, 2017, 01:47:44 PM ---I seem to not be able to flash any nk file. When sending firmware_zen_lcd.nk there is Error occured during sending!, and when trying to install older firmware_zen.nk, there is Error while opening firmware_zen.nk! + Error occured during sending!

--- End quote ---

Maybe you forgot to erase the previous firmware ? As explained in https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CreativeZEN, you need to power off the device, press the play button and power on (keep holding). You get the recovery menu, select "Reload firmware", then send the file.

--- End quote ---

I'm having the same problem, and even the Creative firmware loader doesn't recognize the device as connected. TRied multiple combinations of erasing firmware/plugging it in, different usb ports...
I'm on Windows 10

I fear I may have bricked it lol

pamaury:
So, let me be more precise:

* can you access recovery menu (by holding play button on boot) ?
* did you select "Reload firmware" in it ?
* when you plug the device after that, does Windows detect a device ? (it does not necessarily appear as a drive)
* did you try to uninstall the device in windows device manager ?
* have you tried another usb cable ?

RufusLoacker:

--- Quote from: pamaury on March 04, 2017, 05:07:43 AM ---So, let me be more precise:

* can you access recovery menu (by holding play button on boot) ?
* did you select "Reload firmware" in it ?
* when you plug the device after that, does Windows detect a device ? (it does not necessarily appear as a drive)
* did you try to uninstall the device in windows device manager ?
* have you tried another usb cable ?
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, yes to all, but to no avail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version