Rockbox General > Announcements

Gigabeat Keymap Change

<< < (7/8) > >>

AlexP:

--- Quote from: LambdaCalculus379 on October 12, 2007, 10:28:27 AM ---His is metal. But it's metal that doesn't weigh like metal.

--- End quote ---

What kind of heathen magic is this?

--- Quote from: gorman on October 12, 2007, 09:17:50 AM ---To do that (changing key configuration) one has to compile its own version then, right?

--- End quote ---

Yes, and it is pretty easy.  Look in apps/keymaps/keymap-gigabeat.c

LambdaCalculus:

--- Quote from: BigBambi on October 12, 2007, 11:46:28 AM ---What kind of heathen magic is this?

--- End quote ---

It is an ancient magic, known only to the eldest of wizards.

What is the Gigabeat shell made of, anyway? It feels like aluminum to me, but I could be wrong. :)

Llorean:
I'd guess aluminum.

And to the earlier poster who said the volume keys don't work: Mine work just fine. I assume you're using an Official build and saying this? If so, post a thread and describe where you're trying them that they don't work properly, as they should work anywhere that's not a plugin.

scharkalvin:
NO, I meant that in the manual it said that on the WPS section the volume
was controlled with the up/down keys and didn't mention the use of the
volume buttons at all.  In fact, I didn't see any mention in the rockbox manual
what the volume keys were used for.  Maybe that means they ONLY control the
volume, and that the up/down keys do also.

Llorean:
Sorry, you said
--- Quote --- Also I note that the volume keys don't control the volume?
--- End quote ---
rather than "I note that it doesn't say the volume keys control the volume" so I thought you meant you'd actually tried it.

Please, don't say something does or doesn't do something unless you actually attempt it. They control the volume, and are not used for anything else, but I guess this isn't documented in the manual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version