Installation / Removal > Archos - Installation/Removal/Flashing

firmware_fm.bin 2.3 file size

(1/2) > >>

elmanu:
Hi everybody,

I successfully flashed my FM with the 2.2 version a few weeks ago.
Now I want to flash with the 2.3, but I noticed that the new firmware_fm.bin file is only 77 Ko.
The 2.2 one was 189,7 Ko
How can you put more features in a smaller file ?
Do I have a problem ? bad uncopress or something ?

Thanks for your answer

El Manu

LinusN:
You are not the first one to not understand the flashing process. We need to address this documentation issue somehow.

I have a few questions for you:

Which documentation did you use to find out how to flash Rockbox?

What did that documentation say about how to update the already flashed Rockbox to a newer version?

elmanu:
Whow, what a fast answer !

First of all, I think I did perfectly understand the documentation, because I already flashed the 2.2 version !
Anyway, I did'nt noticed there was a chapter about "how to update the already flashed Rockbox to a newer version"
I will read it immediately and tell you if I understood.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

El Manu

elmanu:
Hi again !

OK, I read the following documentation : http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BlindFlashing#5_Add_Update_Rockbox_in_Flash_me

20 seconds after, I had my new version flashed !
Whow, it's VERY fast to browse in the directories !! Incredibly faster than 2.2 !!

Thanks for this great work.
 ;D
El Manu

elmanu:
Me again,

even if my personal problem is solved, it doesn't explain why the 2.3 bin file is smaller than the 2.2.
Let me try to resume what I understood :
-the 2.3 program is on the ajbrec.ajz file. The .bin file contain only some parts to allow to flash the content of the ajbrec.ajz in the ROM. Right ?

Thanks to confirm (or explain if I'm completely wrong, I'm just curious)

El Manu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version