I'm now announcing the launch of our new project - Rockbox Installer X
- from the developers of the original Windows iPod Rockbox Installer.This installer is unofficial, so any discussion about it on these forums must be done in this thread ONLY. Do not bug the developers of Rockbox about the installer, it has nothing to do with them as far as responsibility.
This will install Rockbox on Windows iPods. The installer is coded in NSIS, and runs only on Windows 2000/XP/2003. These models (and all firmware versions for them) are currently supported:
* 1st Generation Nano
* 1st Generation iPod Mini
* 2nd Generation iPod Mini
* 3G iPod
* 4G iPod
* 5G iPod Video
* iPod Photo/Color
Note well that Rockbox will not install on 1G iPods, 2G iPods, 2nd Generation Nano or 5.5G iPod Video models.
The most notable changes are:
- Complete rewrite - faster, more reliable and up to date with Rockbox developments.
- Nice, new GUI.
- Four installation options - Rockbox/Loader2/Custom bootloader, and/or Daily Build. This will allow iPodLinux (Loader2) users to install Rockbox easily, and for the old Rockbox users to update to the latest CVS build without reinstalling the whole thing.
- Solved the sysinfo problem of newer firmware versions.
- Uninstaller and all files needed to uninstall are on the iPod - portable.
There are a lot more, read the thread and the Readme.
Visit the thread:http://www.ipodwizard.net/showthread.php?t=15153
(The download is now from my hosting, not iPodWizard's attachment system.)
Soon I'll have my own site up dedicated to the installer.