I'm looking into Rockbox for the first time, so don't hit me please.
I have an iPod 6G 160GB 2007 Edition, not the 2009 one. Am I understand this thread correctly that there is no Rockbox or other OS for this specific iPod version available? I like the handling, video playback, battery life, capacity, and also size of the iPod. Basically those are the important things I want to see in my favorite media player:
- Video support (as long as there's an open source converter, i don't care what format)
- nice handling (I know, vague... but I think most are good)
- battery life of at least 30 hours for music, 3 of video or so
- capacity of at least (!) 30GB
- size not (much) bigger as iPod 6G 160GB 2007 Edition (sorry, no size specifications found...
However, I am desperately missing features like:
- bookmarks for videos, playlists, songs, etc...
- a "add to playlist after current song" feature
- a "add to end of playlist" feature
- in general more in-place iPod features like deleting playlists, songs, etc. I don't always want to connect my to PC in order to do these things...
So, currently I am experiencing some pixel errors. So I thought of buying the next iPod 6G, which is also not yet supported by Rockbox, correct? And it's old already, so there might be a new generation soon.
I know this is no board for hardware recommendations, but I would love a new player to have Rockbox support to try it for the first time. So, maybe somebody can give me an advice what to do...?
Or are my specifications so specific that only an iPod is currently somehow fulfilling the above?
Really a big thanks for reading through this.