Some Musepack SV8 files files cause the player to freeze near the end of the track. Usually in the last 5 seconds or so, but in my limited testing I found a file where it happens at about 20 seconds from the end of the track. I have to turn off the system with the power button because it doesn't respond to anything else, nor does it output any error message, it just freezes in the wps.
I've read this
and it doesn't appear to be the same issue since none of the files in http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/musepack/sv8/
cause any problems.
All was fine in release 3.6 up in the daily build of July 11 at least, the next daily build I installed was from October 16 since then I started to have problems with MPC.
Please let me know if you need any more information or if you want me to file a bug report in Flyspray.