Yesterday I had a working Clip v2. Today I have a dead Clip v2 that won't power on.
I reviewed the instructions and did the following:
- Update firmware to the latest Sansa firmware of 2.1.35a.
This was done using the Sansa firmware update utility. It was successful. The device worked correctly post upgrade
- Downloaded a copy of the firmware 2.1.35a from Sansa for use during Rockbox install.
- Used Rockbox Utility to install, selecting the firmware.
Rockbox Utility stated that the install occurred without errors.
- Unplugged the USB cable from the Clip v2 which triggered the firmware update to the Rockbox firmware.
- Clip v2 powered off.
- Tried to power on without success.
I have tried to reset it by holding the power button on multiple times (from 20 seconds to multiple minutes during different tries). I have plugged it into the USB, again without success. Basically, there is no sign of intelligent life in the clip any longer. The display and ring around the scroll pad doesn't light up, flash or do anything to indicate it's alive.
I have read the SansaAMSUnbrick document. I may try the recovery mode - but I am a Windows person with enough unix to understand what it is saying to do, but no current environment to do it from. I would need to find a Unix Live CD to boot from. I thought I would post here to verify where my Clip v2 is at.
Is my Clip v2 toast? Any other thoughts on how to resuscitate? Suggestions on a preferred Unix Live CD to use for recovery mode?