I'm using 7pre4 bootloader with SVN 19817 compiled with RTC, voice and multi-volume. The CF card is 32GB 233x Pretec, model CFS232G.
I'm using multi-volume to limit file corruption to the smaller partition assigned for .rockbox.
Though I've been having similar problems since moving to CF, I have not been able to pinpoint the sequence before. Now using the following steps, I have "successfully and repeatedly" corrupt the file system.
1. The player is shutdown by reaching the idle poweroff time
2. Hold switch is toggled on
3. Power on the player, and wait for it to shutdown by default
4. Leave hold switch on, and power it on again and wait for the default shutdown
5. Switch hold switch to off, and power up
6. File system on the 1st partition becomes corrupted
At times the file system can be corrupted when the player is shutdown and turned back on with hold switch on just once. But this is quite random.
I notice that when the player shutdown due to low battery, it automatically goes into the bootloader menu on next startup. But may be that is just because the voltage is too low and under such circumstance will default to boot into the bootloader menu. This will go some way to explain the previous instances on file corruptions after power out.
I'm guessing it is bootloader related.
I would rather not come to the conclusion/solution of taking the 1.8" HD out of its snug external enclosure to return it to the H140.