I love rockbox. I have several sansa's and love that I can get music in and out that way. I use it at Strawberry music festival for the festival radio station (where we only play things on the radio that have been performed live at Strawberry music festival). Rockbox is used there for the overnight recordings. It's on shuffle/repeat. I use sansa e200's there for that and it works very well (although nobody seems to know the interface so I have to make sure it's set up right and leave it running hours before it's actually used.).
Anyway I got an Atrix and was delighted to see that there was an android port. This way I can test things out for the overnight playlists I am creating. However I've noticed a few things
Atrix - android port: 32gb sd card, 192 bps Constant mp3
- There appear to be issue with playback. Sometimes it just stops playing and I have to exit the program and restart. Random song that plays fine normally
- I added another file to the SD card in a directory where I did not have a playlist. I had previously paused rockbox. There were two other files in the directory. I believe I also deleted one file (playing down a list of files and deleting the ones already played) When I restarted the playback via resume play I was resuming at the pause for the next file, the one I just uploaded
- The fades appear not to work at all
- the settings seem to change randomly. However this may be because I didn't lock the device. (suggest lock playback setting in playback settings section)
- It's unclear to me which skins/themes will work
Any help/pointers in either cockpit errors or whether they are bugs. Are these bug report worthy?
Post Merge: July 23, 2011, 10:08:49 AM
In regards to the first bullet:I can tell you it happened pretty quick with a monkey's audio file the first time I was able to successfully play this format, but trying it again and it's gone through 2 songs without having the issue. With mp3 it can go for days without the problem.